GNU C

Richard Foulk richard at uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu
Thu Jun 30 17:09:15 AEST 1988

}    After hearing all this talk about the Gcc compiler, I have still not seen
}    it available anywhere on the Net.  Would someone be kind enough to post it
}    to this newsgroup (unix-pc)?
}
} No.  GCC is huge.  The compressed distribution tar file is 1.7Mb long.
} You can get it from a number of places, though.  [...]

To build gcc takes a huge amount of space too.  I started out with over
10 megs free on my system, and that's still not enough.

If the binaries aren't too large perhaps it would be a good idea for
someone to post them.  I'm sure there are a number of people who simply
don't have sufficient space to build it themselves.

Just a thought.

Richard