Is curses fixed on 3.51[a], or did AT&T goof again?

eric townsend erict at flatline.UUCP
Mon Jun 6 13:45:14 AEST 1988

Grrr.  Been trying to compile BKLife (a supposedly nifty life program)
on the old 3b1 here.  Trouble is, I'm running 3.0, and curses is
broken like a big dog's moe on this version.  nodelay is not to
be found, and BKLife wants it.

Likewise, I've had problems compiling PComm on my 3.0 box.  More
of the curses jive.

So, should I lay out the bucks for 3.51[a]?  Or is curses just as
broken there?  Is there even any hope for a newer release of Unix,
or are we all just dead in the water?

Roughly how much is the upgrade, both Unix and the Developer's Kit and
all the other goodies?

Better yet:  Has anybody out there written some replacements for
this missing curses functions?

Oh well.  I didn't pay much for it, so I shouldn't expect much out
of it. 1/2 :-).

Too many questions.  Not enough answers.
--
                                Know Future

J. Eric Townsend ->uunet!nuchat!flatline!erict smail:511Parker#2,Hstn,Tx,77007
             ..!bellcore!tness1!/