GNU C, GNU g++ & 2400 baud microcom

Kevin O'Gorman kevin at kosman.UUCP
Wed Jun 15 03:06:27 AEST 1988

In article <1118 at unisec.usi.com> dpw at unisec.usi.com (Darryl P. Wagoner) writes:
>  [deleted]
>Second, flow control on rs-232 port.  I am using a Microcom 2400 and would
>like to kept the baud rate at 2400.  Is that possible on the Unix-PC and
>if so how?

Yes.  I run a Trailblazer Plus with the port set at 9600 baud and make calls
at 1200.  No problem.

I am running 3.51a kernel.  I used the RS232 setup to tell the system to
use hardware flow control, and everything was fine.

Being curious, I investigated what this setup actually did, and discovered
that the flow control created the file /etc/daemons/tty002.init (which is
referenced by /etc/rc on startup), and put a single line of shell stuff in it

	/etc/hfc_ctl +/dev/tty002 >/dev/null 2>&1

I dunno what the /etc/hfc_ctl program does in any detail, but if you have
it in your system, you can probably have flow control.  It uses RTS/CTS to
control flow from the 3b1 to the modem.

Good luck.