Mailer questions and a Curses bug (was: mailx for 3b1 ver 3.0)

Chris Siebenmann cks at ziebmef.uucp
Mon Jun 27 03:24:04 AEST 1988

In article <8014 at alice.UUCP> wilber at alice.UUCP writes:
>Right now I'm still using ye olde crufty standard-issue-out-of-the-box mail,
>but I read and write mail with Emac's rmail.  I would like to know what
>advantages, if any, there are to using one of mailx, smail, mush, etc., for
>someone who uses Emacs.

 For someone already using Emac's rmail, mailx and mush are
unnecessary, but smail is still useful. Mailx, mush, and Emac's rmail
are mail user agents (things people use to deal with mail), while
smail is a mail delivery agent (something programs use to route and
deliver mail). The big things you get by running smail is the ability
to handle '@'-style addresses sensibly and generate mail messages that
conform to the applicable standards (RFC 822?).

--
	You're a prisoner of the dark sky/The propeller blades are still
	And the evil eye of the hurricane's/Coming in for the kill