FIELD P5.1 Rework Upgrade Available (was Re: WD2010 controller ...)

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.UUCP
Sat Jun 4 14:24:57 AEST 1988

In article <112 at pcid.UUCP> mark at pcid.UUCP (mark hilliard) writes:
|>In article <4912 at ihlpf.ATT.COM> gmark at ihlpf.ATT.COM (Stewart) writes:
|>>given out?  If it can't, why are you mentioning it?  Is it that we
|>>can obtain this, but not details on how to do the procedure
|>>ourselves?  Do you mean you developed this upgrade?  If it's
|>>secret, why should we be bothered with this on the net?  Anyway,
|>>fill me in, if I'm the only one who doesn't understand your
|>>comment.  Thanks.
|>
|>Yes, it can be given out, no Lenny did not develop it.  It was developed
|>by Convergent.  I have it, (gizzmo at 190meg), and you can have it too. I
|>have a spare chip (programmed), but no way to copy it.  I am currently
|>lookin into getting it copied.
|>
|>Come on people,  let's get together on this and find a way to distribute
|>this upgrade!

Well since I am pretty much convinced that it can't hurt giving out
the upgrade (its only you who is taking total responsibility for any changes
you make and warrantees you break) I am going to try to make the upgrade
instructions available.

Since the AT&T UNIX pc and the Convergent S/50 is *OFFICIALLY* a dead
product line, I can't see why anyone would have gripes on giving out
these instructions.

The instructions consist of 8 photocopies.  WARNING:  The copies are
probably at least 4th generation by now and they are not the best, but
they are certainly readable and workable.  The important part of the upgrade
are the first two pages.  The first one explaining the actually instructions
for installing the 16R4 PAL, capacitor and the 9 jumpers.  The second
page explains the equations that need to be programmed into a PAL16R4A
(which I don't have the facilities to make and/or distribute).  All I can
give are the instructions, you'll have to make arrangements to get the
PAL programmed.

Please send US mailing address, and $2.50 to cover the shipping,
photocoping and handling charges to:

			Lenny Tropiano
			ICUS Computer Group
			AT&T UNIX pc - FIELD UPGRADE P5.1
			PO Box 1
			Islip Terrace, New York    11752

Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery (I hope not to take that long,
but if I get swamped with responses it might take a little longer).

DISCLAIMER:  I DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY MODIFICATIONS YOU
	     MAKE WITH THE FIELD UPGRADE P5.1.   AFTER DOING THIS UPGRADE
	     YOU ARE TOTALLY LIABLE FOR ANY HARDWARE FAILURE AS AT&T WILL
	     NOT COVER THE MACHINE IF YOU MODIFY ANY PART OF THE MACHINE.
	     I DO GUARANTEE THAT THESE DIRECTIONS WILL ALLOW YOU TO
	     FORMAT FIX DISKS UP TO 16 HEADS IF PERFORMED CORRECTLY.

	     You understand that AT&T, ICUS Computer Group,
	     Lenny Tropiano and agents make NO warranties,
	     expressed or implied, and specifically disclaim any
	     warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular
	     purpose.

-Lenny
--
US MAIL  : Lenny Tropiano, ICUS Computer Group        IIIII  CCC U   U  SSS
           PO Box 1                                     I   C    U   U S