WD2010 controller and >1024 cylinders

Stewart gmark at ihlpf.ATT.COM
Wed Jun 1 14:36:01 AEST 1988

In article <373 at icus.UUCP>, lenny at icus.UUCP (Lenny Tropiano) writes:
> I've done the FIELD UPGRADE P5.1 to allow bigger disks [and before anyone
> even asks, I cannot give this out *sorry*] and I am shopping around for
> another hard disk (anyone have a suggestion...?!) and I wonder if I have
I don't get this, Lenny.  If this is a FIELD UPGRADE, why can't it be
given out?  If it can't, why are you mentioning it?  Is it that we
can obtain this, but not details on how to do the procedure
ourselves?  Do you mean you developed this upgrade?  If it's
secret, why should we be bothered with this on the net?  Anyway,
fill me in, if I'm the only one who doesn't understand your
comment.  Thanks.

				- Mark

				G. Mark Stewart
				ATT_BTL, Naperville, Ill. ix1g266