Wierd Problems with 3B1

Scott Thurlow scott at rlgvax.UUCP
Tue Jun 28 22:19:04 AEST 1988

I am having some really strange problems with my 3b1.  When I shutdown and power
down, I am not reliably able to power on again later.  For example, over the
weekend, I shut the machine down.  Now, when I turn it on again, all that
happens is that the screen is filled with diagonal lines.  Pressing the reset
button has no effect.  Powering off and back on has no effect.  I've had this
happen before, but the problem usually went away if I left the machine on and
pressed the reset button after it warmed up.  This time, I can't get it to
boot at all.  Any ideas?  Anyone know who to pester at AT&T about service if
need be?

Thanks.

Scott.

--
Scott Thurlow						Computer Consoles Inc.
Work:	scott at rlgvax.UUCP or ..!uunet!rlgvax!scott