UNIX PC 7300 diags questions

donp at cup.portal.com donp at cup.portal.com
Wed Jun 29 09:21:39 AEST 1988

Rob Healey recently wrote:

>	3) For you fire sale "My battery is DEAD" people. When I first
>	   powered up the 7300 my battery was dead too, it wouldn't
>	   hold the time. Now, a week later, when my used 20M self
>	   destructed and I had to put the 10M back in, the
>	   battery held the time for 3 hours. ( Lunch time interfered
>	   there, it only took 45 minutes to rip out the 20M)
>	   Maybe the battery can partially recharge when the machine is
>	   turned back on.

Yes, that is what happens.  Observing the same phenomena, I put a current
meter in series with the battery.  When the machine is turned on, the
battery does indeed "charge" with a small current.  I seem to recall that
technically the lithium batteries used are not rechargable-- however, they
do seem to tolerate a small amount of reverse current.

Don Parmentier
donp at cup.portal.com