Questions on the Status Line

Herr jbrown at ihlpf.ATT.COM
Fri Jun 24 08:04:05 AEST 1988

Fellow unixpc users and associated hackers:

I have two questions which have been driving me crazy:

1)	How do messages and applications like "Personal Calender"
	get the screen manager to display icons on the status line?
	And... when you hit the "MSG" key, how do they get their
	messages displayed?  Is there a way to get the 3b1 to
	display an icon for an application and then execute some
	file when the message key is hit?

2)	Is there a way to change the time that the answering
	machine uses?  It seems to be about an hour off.
	Does it calculate the time without using daylight savings?

					Have pitty, send an answer...
					(it doesn't have to be correct,
					 I'm just that desperate...)

					Jeff Brown,