7300 uucp trouble with setgetty!

Sanford L. Barr slb at slbtoy.UUCP
Wed Mar 30 03:02:59 AEST 1988

	Hello world\n

	I'm running into an annoying problem and I was hoping someone
could give me a hand.  Any time I run uucico and connect with a local
system my uucico hangs at the end of the transfer.  This is not the
old 3.51 uucico problem (I have the fixdisk).

	The uucico process spawns a "getoff.sh" which then calls
"setgetty".  The setgetty process seems to just hang in mid air.  If I
kill it, everything returns back to normal.  However, I can't figure out
what's making it hang!  This is real annoying when you put mail in
the uucp qeue and all of the sudden uuxqt kicks in and starts processing
last night's news (meanwhile the other uucico is still hanging in mid air).

	Anyone else come across this nasty?

						San

--
/////        Sanford L. Barr                 | Voice phone: (516) 246-6349
////        --             --                | Address (USnail):
                                             | Centereach, N.Y. 11720
Alternates: atc at bnl.ARPA, atc at bnl.BITNET     | ATTN: Sanford L. Barr