Hard disk bad spots

John B. Milton jbm at uncle.UUCP
Wed Mar 30 07:20:08 AEST 1988

Yup, I've got them too. I just went through the whole re-load rigamarole,
and I don't want to do it again. Is there a way to find out which file a given
bad block is in? I will write a program if the answer is no. It should be a
simple matter of traversing all the allocated block numbers through the i-nodes
until the block is found. If I had source to an fsck or a disk block accounting
program, that would be enough. Anybody out there want to mail me one of these?
Please please please.

Thanks,
John

--
John Bly Milton IV, jbm at uncle.UUCP, {ihnp4|osu-cis}!n8emr!uncle!jbm
home: (614) 294-4823, work: (614) 459-7641; talk to me about fractals