Laptop Computers, Toshiba, Grid

charlie crassi charlie at ureka.UUCP
Mon Mar 28 13:45:17 AEST 1988

>Phoenix Leasing is doing it again -- selling factory reconditioned GRiD
>portable computers at about 1/3 of list price -- only this time, they are the
>current, battery operable, IBM-compatible GRiDCase line rather than the
>obsolete Compass line.
                  ******** NOT TO ME THEY'RE NOT ********
                  =======================================
It's said that for every good experience there's an equally bad one so here
goes:

Phoenix Leasing is the ABSOLUTE PITS. The last time they advertized on the
NET by one of their "satisfied customers", I decided to give them a try. I      called Patti Rossi at the given number and talked to her about what was avail-  able and everything was gone. She then used the bait and switch to a higher
line more costly computer but retreated when I told her of the budget limit
I had on the purchase requisition. She did however agree to sell me a disk
and software if I could get a Grid from a competitor whom she referred me to.

To make a long story a bit shorter, after opening an account with the company
I work for and placing the purchase orders, Patti had a change of heart and
refused to sell anything but a whole, more expensive system. She got everybody
in purchasing and accounts pissed off at her, besides making an ass out of me.
Phoenix Leasing held on the purchase req. for months, screwing up our accounts
department and shipping and receiving records also. It cost me $125 for the
purchase order and another $160 to open an account for Phoenix Leasing and
I got squat. It cost me $285 total from my budget account to get nothing from
Phoenix Leasing. So much for bargain deals. Let the buyer beware !!
--
					.... Charlie ....

rutgers!rochester!kodak!ureka!charlie