video ram access kit almost ready

Brian D. Botton botton at laidbak.i88.isc.com
Fri Aug 25 15:08:25 AEST 1989

Hello fellow 3B1ers.

  Well, I'm a little late with this, but I had company last week and
a volleyball tournament this week, so I've been a little busy.  I have
good news.  I found someone who makes PC boards as a hobby, so the cost
is going to be a lot less then I thought.  Not $50, not $30, but a
mere $25. Yup, $25 will get you the following:

	1.  1 PC board WITH solder mask
	2.  1 pal (programmed, ;-)
	3.  66 pin sockets, gold plated
	4.  1 20 pin low insertion force socket, gold plated
	5.  1 .1uF tantalum capacitor
	6.  A short piece of wire.
	7.  Complete instructions.
	8.  Shipping.

  All you have to do is a little soldering and place the daughter board
between the 68010 and it's socket on the cpu board.  The solder mask costs an
extra $.50, but I figured with the number of people who have limited to no
experience with soldering, that it was worth it.

  Because of the level of interest, I have purchased enough parts to make 15
kits.  When those parts are gone I will continue to provide the PC board, pal,
and instructions for $10, but not the other parts.  I'll also include all the
information needed to find the other parts.  However, if there is a ground
swell of demand, I'll get more parts.  My primary goal is to not get stuck
with a dozen kits that I don't need and can't sell.

  I have received a number of letters with questions, and I hope to answer
those more personally, but I want to reiterate, this kit requires NO
modifications to the cpu board.

  The parts and the boards should be here in about 2 weeks, so I'm ready to
start taking money at any time.  Send a check or money order for $25.00 to:

		Brian D. Botton
		4715 Old Oaks Dr. #3B
		Lisle, Il. 60532

  If anyone sends an order from overseas, add an extra $2 and send U.S. funds.
As in the recent WD2010 purchase, if my bank takes it, there won't be any
problems, otherwise I'll return it.

  I'll hold onto the checks and money orders until I'm ready to ship.  If you
want your check deposited so it will clear, just let me know.  Also, PLEASE
send a label with your address on it, my penmenship is lousy and I want to
make sure your package arrives.

  In case anyone is interested, send me e-mail and I'll give you the name,
address, and phone number of the person providing the PC boards.  He does the
work at home in the evenings and the profits go into his kids' college fund.
He only does small orders so he is VERY reasonable, especially since he
doesn't charge a setup fee.

  When I'm ready to ship I'll post again.
--
   _][_n_n___i_i ________		Brian D. Botton