Looking for the UNIX pc Diagnostic ROMs ...

Lenny Tropiano lenny at alps.UUCP
Fri Aug 4 05:30:55 AEST 1989

I was wondering if anyone had the UNIX PC Diagnostic ROMs, and if they
did have them would they copy them for me?  The ROM diagnostics are
clearly mentioned in the _UNIX pc Reference Manual_.

There was a software version of the debug ROMs made, that was a loadable
device driver (db.o) that I posted a while back...  It basically gave
you a diagnostic monitor in software, but this requires you to boot
UNIX and load the device driver before you can debug anything ... if
something is wrong in the hardware that you want to examine, loading
UNIX might be impossible ...

-Lenny
--
Lenny Tropiano,  Project Manager / Sr. Software Engineer
American LP Systems, Inc.