Troubles with Telebit 2500 and AT&T UNIXpc running 3.51 & HDB

Randolph J. Herber rjh at yclept.chi.il.us
Mon Aug 14 16:11:57 AEST 1989

I have a Telebit 2500 and a AT&T UNIXpc.  The UNIXpc is running 3.51 (out of the
box - no fix disk applied).  I am running HDB uucp.

I am able to initiate connections at 1200, 2400 and FAST.  I am able to
transmit and receive uucp data at these speeds over these connections.

I am ONLY :-( able to connect at 1200.  The modem never recognizes the internal
modem of a Hayes-compatiable 2400 baud internal modem in a Zenith 184 laptop
that I borrowed to test the T2500.  I have not been able to test FAST (9600
and 19200) at all.

I have set up my system and modem according to a setup sent out by
Lenny Tropiano for a Telebit Trailblazer Plus.  (Thank you, Lenny, without
that I would not have gotten as far as I did!)

I am asking for e-mail responses on how to get the system and modem to work
together.

I offer to summarize to the responses after I get it to work with recognition
to those who do not turn the recognition down.

	Randolph J. Herber,
	@ home: {att|amdahl|clout|mcdchg|laidbak|obdient|wheaton}!yclept!rjh,
		rjh at yclept.chi.il.us