socket code --- I DID IT!!!!!

Bradley Smith bes at holin.ATT.COM
Fri Aug 11 12:37:07 AEST 1989

Just a note that the socket code now works on stdin. which means
select works on read bitmask on stdin, master side of pty, and
sockets.  Hopefully I can get slave side of master as well.

I am will be cleaning up here shortly and trying to send it
to the people that sent mail or maybe post it.  It is still
untested and sometimes crashes my machine when I unload the
driver, but never while running.

Also I modified vtem to use select on stdin and the master side
of the pty.  It work kind of, what happens is that ls,cat,ps wor
but if I do a less file.c it seems to hang and I seem to be a char
behind.  I will look at that more.

Also I need to write a startup program to set some varaibles
so that it can find the window structures.

Things that don't work or not tested include write bitmask, and
using select on stdin on a tty port (tty000) or ph[01].

Alex: if your out there you will get the copy.
Brad: you too, but let me clean it up.
--
Bradley Smith
Computer Systems Offer Integration Laboratory