kudos for a well run group buy + question

Brian D. Botton botton at laidbak.UUCP
Thu Aug 10 13:06:12 AEST 1989

  I want to publicly thank Merv Graham ( tektronix!gvgpsa!gpstwr!merv ) for
going to all the trouble of arranging a group buy for those hard to find 99
pin connectors.  Not only did he get the ball going, but he also shipped me
the connectors I ordered without first asking for money.  That level of trust
is very rare these days, and I want you to know that I appreciate it.

  So folks, what are we planning to do with these new found connectors?  Send
me e-mail and I'll summarize for the net.  I see no reason why we can't
continue to provide hardware for the machine we love as long as there is the
interest.

  In case anyone is interested, I'm toying with the idea of a higher density
floppy disk controller that can also control one of those cheap (~$230)
floppy tape drives.  Also, I'd love to have a generic, I can hardly type it,
PC-AT bus interface, mainly because I want color graphics for ray tracing.
By the way, how is the PC bus interface project going?  Any way, everyone
let me know what they're working on.  If we can get some coordination and
additional interested people working together we should be able to get some
real good work done.

  Merv, I'm sending my check as soon as I'm done posting this, and please
ignore the mail asking what the status of the buy is.  And thanks again for
all the trouble.

--
   _][_n_n___i_i ________		Brian D. Botton