Looking for tools.

Ned Nowotny ned at pebbles.cad.mcc.com
Sun Aug 27 03:02:33 AEST 1989

Now that my disk is 68% available instead of 95% full (fixed by a disk upgrade),
I am interested in tracking down a few good pieces of software:

1) What is the current word on HDB uucp for people who are not AT&T employees?

2) Since I have no desire to pay AT&T for mailx, what mailers do you use and
   recommend?

3) What is the latest C version of TeX?  Is it CTeX or CommonTeX?  How do they
   differ?  Which do you recommend?  Where can I get it and a previewer?  Oh,
   and where can I get a DVI driver for an HP LaserJet II?

4) Is there a PD man command?  Or, should I just code up a shell script to
   run "nroff -man" on files found by name in the usual man directories?

5) Speaking of nroff, are there copyright restrictions on getting the ms and
   me macro packages for my machine?  To what, if anything, are the mn macros
   distributed with the cnews(?) sources similar?

6) Do you recommend any other essential programs?

Thank you for your support.

Ned Nowotny, MCC CAD Program, Box 200195, Austin, TX  78720  Ph: (512) 338-3715
ARPA: ned at mcc.com                   UUCP: ...!cs.utexas.edu!milano!cadillac!ned