Looking for tools.

Bob Hoffman hoffman at pitt.UUCP
Tue Aug 29 23:31:28 AEST 1989

>2) Since I have no desire to pay AT&T for mailx, what mailers do you use and
>   recommend?

AT&T mailx is really Berkeley Mail, which is not restricted by the AT&T
source license, and is therefore available for anonymous FTP from
uunet.uu.net in the directory bsd-sources/src/ucb/Mail.  Some common
public-domain mailers are elm, mm, mh, and mush.  I'm sure that each
of these has been ported to the Unix-PC at one time or another.

>5) Speaking of nroff, are there copyright restrictions on getting the ms and
>   me macro packages for my machine?  To what, if anything, are the mn macros
>   distributed with the cnews(?) sources similar?

The ms macros are part of the AT&T licensed source, but the me macros
are not.  You can get them with anonymous FTP from uunet.uu.net in the
directories bsd-sources/lib/tmac and bsd-sources/lib/me.

	---Bob.
--
Bob Hoffman, N3CVL       {allegra, bellcore, cadre, idis, psuvax1}!pitt!hoffman
Pitt Computer Science    hoffman at cs.pitt.edu