Endless bummer...

Jan Isley jan at bagend.UUCP
Fri Aug 4 16:41:07 AEST 1989

In article <1582 at mtunb.ATT.COM> jcm at mtunb.UUCP (John McMillan) writes:
>In article <802 at bagend.UUCP> jan at bagend.UUCP (Jan Isley) writes:
>>In article <9832 at csli.Stanford.EDU> crimmins at csli.stanford.edu (Mark Crimmins) writes:

To summarize:

Mark describes a problem...

I offer a simple suggestion to fix his problem...

John offers a series of comments that are IMHO, quite clearly designed to
make himself look totally enlightened about Mark's problem and anything
else one could possibly think of, while adding smug commentary about our
use of the wonderfully rich English language.

John then describes what I understand to be a correct assesment of the
behavior of fsck, far better than I did of course, then offers:

>	The only correction is to ELIMINATE any saving of FSCK
>	output IN A FILE on the same FS being checked.  Period.

This is *exactly* what my suggestion does.  I offered a way to do this.
Where is your suggestion?  What is your point?

John, you may be smarter than the average bear, but the bears that I have
met have had better manners.

Jan
---
jan at bagend | gatech!bagend!jan | h (404)434-1335 | w (404)425-5700
	Humankind cannot bear very much reality.   T. S. Eliot