Summary of WANTED posting

Albert Hybl Dept of Biophysics SM hybl at mbph.UUCP
Sat Aug 26 01:34:20 AEST 1989

In a previous posting, I indicated that:
>I would like to acquire an AT&T 3B1 with 2Meg RAM on the mother
>board, a 67 Meg hard disk, keyboard and mouse, etc.  I am also
>interested in obtaining a combo board for the above system.

I acquired the "perfect machine" and am very happy with it.
My decision was based on (1) price and (2) distance from Baltimore.
The following is a summary of the responses.  I apologize
to the respondents that I didn't contact.

>From: uunet!ssi!cyprus!cjr (Cris J. Rhea)
My 3B1 (7300, unix-pc) has a 67 Meg Hard disk, 3.5 Meg of RAM (2 on
system board, 1.5 on combo board), and a DOS card. It is up and running
3.51a.

>From: (Lawrence G Mayka)
Try Vartech in Naperville, Illinois at (312) 505-1777.  They always
seem to have good prices on UNIX PCs and related items.  Keep in mind
that a 1-MB board is upgradable to 2 MB with a little work (sockets,
or soldering?) and a 40-MB hard disk is upgradable to 67 MB.

>From: uunet!mimsy!ddsw1.mcs.com!jlg (JL Gomez)
The machine I have is an AT&T UNIX-PC model 3B1 with the 67M hard drive
and 2M of RAM on the motherboard and plus the combo board with 512K of
RAM.  The operating system is Version 3.51 including the Software
Development System (C compiler, assembler, libraries, etc.).
You can call me at home at (312) 927-1884.  Someone is always home.

>From: uunet!cbmvax!feith1.UUCP!don (Don Feith) Feith Systems Inc.
One Bala Plaza, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
Feith Systems still has 12 3b1's in stock with new AT&T warranties.
We are an Authorized AT&T Reseller, the oldest in the country.
They are 67MB Disk and 2MB RAM.  All are brand new.
Call Ms. Carver Severance if you want one.  Tel: 215-667-5575
Fax: 215-667-4057

>From:  A colleague at JHU
I had a long telephone conversation with Jan Isley (404-434-1335)
asking about the availability of 3B1s etc.  He personally has several
7300s and 3B1s that he is planning to sell, and his company Discovery
Electronics also has several as well as other stuff (like Telebit
modems, AT&T 3.51 OS and Utilities software etc).  I think
he is a real find -- knowledgeable and responsive -- and
if you are still looking for 3B1 stuff, you might want
to give him a call.

>Apparently-From: galbp!bagend!slammer!brad
They are available here in Atlanta 2m 67m drive.
My brother has combo boards.

Again thank you.
Albert Hybl, PhD.              Office UUCP: uunet!mimsy!mbph!hybl
Department of Biophysics       Home   UUCP: uunet!mimsy!mbph!hybl!ah
University of Maryland                CoSy: ahybl
School of Medicine
Baltimore, MD  21201                 Phone: (301) 328-7940 (Office)