Repair places for a sick 7300???

Bradley Smith bes at holin.ATT.COM
Fri Aug 11 22:46:15 AEST 1989

In article <10900012 at fthood> egray at fthood.UUCP writes:
>My old 7300 (which I sold a few months back) won't boot.  In fact if
>won't do anything at all...  not even any floppy activity on power-up.
>All I get is a strange bit pattern that covers the entire screen.  The
>hard disk spins up and resets, but there's no disk activity.  The green
>LED is lit (it's got power), but there is no "heart beat" LED.  Does
>this sound familiar to anyone??
my unixpc does this if shut off for long periods of time.  What I do
is turn on the machine (not even the reset button in the back works)
and let it sit there 30-60 minutes.  Next I (this is not good but it
works) Click the power on and off (fastly).  And hopefully it catches
and the screen clears and boots.  If not I leave it on and try again
in a little while.
--
Bradley Smith
Computer Systems Offer Integration Laboratory