Repair places for a sick 7300???

egray at fthood.UUCP egray at fthood.UUCP
Wed Aug 9 01:05:00 AEST 1989

Howdy netlanders....

I'm trying to remember the names of the the 3rd party repair places for
fixing out-of-warranty 3b1/7300's....  What ever happened to that place
in Florida???  Does anyone have any suggestions (good or bad) on where
to take a sick 7300?  What can I expect from AT&T as far as cost for
repair of the motherboard???

For anyone who is interested...  Here are the hardware troubles I'm having...

My old 7300 (which I sold a few months back) won't boot.  In fact if
won't do anything at all...  not even any floppy activity on power-up.
All I get is a strange bit pattern that covers the entire screen.  The
hard disk spins up and resets, but there's no disk activity.  The green
LED is lit (it's got power), but there is no "heart beat" LED.  Does
this sound familiar to anyone??

Emmet P. Gray				US Army, HQ III Corps & Fort Hood
...!uunet!uiucuxc!fthood!egray		Attn: AFZF-DE-ENV
fthood!egray at uxc.cso.uiuc.edu		Directorate of Engineering & Housing
					Environmental Management Office
					Fort Hood, TX 76544-5057