PBM graphics --> UNIXPC

Rick Kimball rick at kimbal.lynn.ma.us
Sun Dec 3 00:50:34 AEST 1989

>From article <1989Dec2.001540.18377 at ivucsb.sba.ca.us>, by todd at ivucsb.sba.ca.us (Todd Day):
> Does there exist a program that takes files from the PBM graphics format
> and converts them for viewing on the UNIXPC?

I wrote a program to display MacPaint Pictures on the UNIXPC.  It was
called "showpaint".  So to show a piture all you have to do is
translate it from whatever format it is in to a macpaint document.

For example, say you have a Sun Raster image called logo and you want
to show it on the UNIXPC.  You could type the following:

	$ rasttopbm logo | pbmtomacp >logo.pntg
	$ showpaint logo.pntg

I think showpaint is available on OSU and attctc.

Rick Kimball              INTERNET: rick at kimbal.lynn.ma.us
                              UUCP: ...!spdcc!kimbal!rick, ...!spt!kimbal!rick
Personal USENET Site          POTS: (617) 599-8864