Modem (ab)use

David Arasmith arasmith at mathcs.emory.edu
Thu Dec 28 17:31:31 AEST 1989

A question for those about to read:
  I would like to access the OBM on a 3b1 from another (386) machine
that will (soon) be connected to a serial port on the unixpc.  That is,
I would like to be able to use this modem (until I have more cash) as
transparently as possible in order to connect to a remote system and emulate
something nicer than the old s4.

Nitty-gritty: Can I slide through like this or must I (eventually) use cu
and have yet another s4?

Does anyone know (or care)?

Barring this, do I have a prayer of using this modem in an intel machine?
(Are you laughing?  Hey, I'm trying not to be ignorant!)

tanks,
--
David M. Arasmith   |  arasmith at mathcs.emory.edu	        Internet
Emory University    |  {sun!sunatl,gatech}!emory!arasmith	UUCP