ln ksh /bin/sh (was: second disk partitions on UNIXPC)

Bill Carpenter wjc at ho5cad.ATT.COM
Fri Dec 8 03:47:05 AEST 1989

In article <12086 at cbnews.ATT.COM> res at cbnews.ATT.COM (Robert E. Stampfli) writes:

res> have access to the ksh sources, so I use a ksh compiled from
res> these, and not the one that came with the distribution disks.

When I recently reloaded everything onto a new hard drive, I was
reminded of just how bizarre the distribution "ksh" is (even with the
fixdisk).  Go ahead and ask it what version it is, and you'll get some
random piece of string from a source file instead an actual ksh
version ID.  That's just a clue to what other wierdness to expect from
that particular a.out.

It's been a long time since I thought about this, but as I recall the
version that was available from THE STORE! was quite a bit saner than
the "official" stuff (even though perhaps an older version).
--
   Bill Carpenter         att!ho5cad!wjc  or  attmail!bill