Does anyone have a working getlogin(3)?

Randy Orrison randy at cctb.mn.org
Thu Feb 2 00:49:22 AEST 1989

I'm about to write a replacement for getlogin(3) that works; however if
anyone already has one, it would make my life easier.  If you have such
a beastie, could you post it to unix-pc.sources, or mail it to me?

I'm going to modify shcc to include my version of getlogin(3), instead
of linking in the one in shlib so that there will appear to be a working
getlogin in the standard library.  I'm also going to stick in the
recently posted alloca and Doug Gwyn's directory libraries.  Does anyone
have any suggestions (or source) for other useful things to put in
there?

	-randy
Randy Orrison - Chemical Computer Thinking Battery - randy at cctb.mn.org
(aka randy@{umn-cs.uucp, ux.acss.umn.edu, umnacvx.bitnet, garnet.uucp})
	"Blow a lawyer to pieces / It's the obvious way
	 Don't wait for a thesis / Do it today"		- Al Stewart