Keyboard Cables?

Kent Forschmiedt kent at happym.UUCP
Fri Feb 10 11:10:22 AEST 1989

In article <112 at gnosys.UUCP> gst at gnosys.UUCP (Gary S. Trujillo) writes:
>Maybe we could get Lenny, Gil, and John to design us an infrared interface
>for the keyboard, like they used to have on the PeeCee Junior??  Yeah, and
>maybe an extendable periscope option for laptop use!  ;-)

A friend of mine once had a PC with an infrared keyboard.  He ran a BBS
on it, and it sat on a shelf in his living room, near the stereo.

I was looking at his new CD player a few days after he bought it; the
machine had a remote control unit which I picked up and began to fiddle
with.  I was interrupted by an incoherent yell from my friend, but alas,
it was too late.

It seems that the signals from the infrared remote control unit were
capable of confusing the keyboard driver sufficiently to crash the bios;
sufficient, in fact, to cause it to scribble on the disk.

--
 kent at happym.wa.com, tikal!camco!happym!kent, Happy Man Corp 206-282-9598