Keyboard Cables?

Gil Kloepfer Jr. gil at limbic.UUCP
Fri Feb 3 15:14:11 AEST 1989

In article <112 at gnosys.UUCP> gst at gnosys.UUCP (Gary S. Trujillo) writes:
>Maybe we could get Lenny, Gil, and John to design us an infrared interface
>for the keyboard, like they used to have on the PeeCee Junior??  Yeah, and
>maybe an extendable periscope option for laptop use!  ;-)
>Gary S. Trujillo			      {linus,bbn,m2c}!spdcc!gnosys!gst
>Somerville, Massachusetts		     {icus,ima,stech,wjh12}!gnosys!gst

This is an interesting idea, but probably not all that practical.  The
power consumption of the UNIX-pc keyboard and any associated power
consumption needed by the infrared receiver/transmitter would probably
kill a set of batteries pretty fast.  You could run the keyboard from
one of those plug-in transformers, but that would defeat the idea of
a mobile keyboard (or one for your lap, for that matter).

I guess we'll just have to keep with the extension cords.

----
Gil Kloepfer, Jr.          U-Net: {decuac,boulder,talcott,sbcs}!icus!limbic!gil
ICUS Software Systems      Voice: (516) 968-6860 [H]   (516) 746-2350 x219 [W]
P.O. Box 1                 Internet:  gil at icus.islp.ny.us
Islip Terrace, NY  11752   "Life's a ...  well, you know..."