GNU software working on my 3b1.

Leslie Mikesell les at chinet.chi.il.us
Mon Feb 6 08:02:47 AEST 1989

In article <1082 at banzai.UUCP> roger at banzai.UUCP (Roger Florkowski) writes:

>Lastly, if anyone needs any pointers on any of this stuff, ask away.
>Lots of people have been blasting GNU software on a 3b1.  I'm just providing
>some good news here.  The stuff works, and I like it.

I just compiled GNU emacs 18.52 and ran into an "memory exhausted" error
when trying to texinfo-format-buffer the emacs.tex file.  I updated an
earlier version by applying diffs so my current info files are out of
date.  Can I change something with "ktune" to get more memory or do I
need more swap space?  (Maybe I'll just copy the info files from another
machine..)

Les Mikesell