WD2010 group buy, call for ORDER and $$$

Thad P Floryan thad at cup.portal.com
Mon Jul 17 22:34:50 AEST 1989

A message I just received indicates that there may be "difficulty" locating
the existing WD1010 chip in your UNIXPC.  Add the following to the recently
posted "Buy Details":

13.	The markings on all the 40-pin chips on the motherboard in my machine
	are <list of numbers deleted>.  Which is the WD1010 or can I even use
	a WD2010?

	Though neither the UNIXPC REFERENCE MANUAL nor the WD data sheets
	suggest a second-source part number, I just examined the IC MASTER and
	discovered that Intel is a second-source of the WD1010; the Intel 82062
	and the WD1010 are the only chips listed in the same "box" in the IC
	MASTER.  More specifically, your:

		i D82062-05	(the "i" is about as tall as the chip is wide)
		  S52172
		  V542002R
		  WDC '83

	is the part which is identical to the WD1010.  The "-05" and "WDC '83"
	provide the final confirmation per: "-05" for 5 megabits per second,
	and the "WDC" to acknowledge Western Digital Corp ("WDC").