Too much cross-posting?

Bud Hovell bbh at whizz.uucp
Tue Jul 4 03:05:46 AEST 1989

Over the past several months, I've become increasingly aware of the huge
percentage of articles which cross-post between comp.sys.att and unix-pc.*.
When I get into comp.sys.att (second in order in my .newsrc), I find
myself virtually wearing out the 'n' key. (An intuitive guess is that fully
70% of the comp.sys.att traffic that I see arriving here is cross-posted
stuff from unix-pc.*).

I know there has been some discussion of this in the past - why has it been
decided to leave the unix-pc group a non-standard group not to be carried
routinely in the standard feed? Who benefits - and how?

                                 Bud Hovell

USENET: ...!{sun!nosun|tektronix!percival}!whizz!{bbh|postmaster|sysadmin}
USPO:   McCormick & Hovell, Inc., PO Box 1812, Lake Oswego, OR  USA 97035
MOTD:   "Vote NO!"