UNIX pc 2nd drive modifications

Dave Ihnat ignatz at chinet.chi.il.us
Tue Jul 25 03:53:28 AEST 1989

As there are many out there in my situation, and I'm getting this question
often, let me see if I'm sure I've got this correct:

Of the two available 2-disk mods (ICUS and John Milton's), the situation
with respect to those machines which *already* have the P5.1 (large disk)
upgrade is as follows:

1)  The ICUS mod will require removal of the PAL, and modification and/or
    addition to the jumper wires installed on the motherboard for the P5.1
    upgrade.  Some of these wires, however, are usable as-is.

2)  The Milton mod will only require removal of the PAL, and insertion of
    a daughter board.

(Of course, this disregards changes in the control and data cables between
the extant drive and controller, which should be the same for both.)

In this case, then, is it safe to assume that the Milton modification is the
simplest for those who've already done the P5.1 upgrade?

Thanks, in any case, to all of you who've put so much work into this project.

		Dave Ihnat
		Analysts International Corp.
		ignatz at homebru.chi.il.us (preferred return address)
		ignatz at chinet.chi.il.us