WD2010 chip group buy, quick update

Thad P Floryan thad at cup.portal.com
Tue Jul 11 19:04:20 AEST 1989

Quick update re: the group buy of the WD2010 chip for the UNIXPC ...

It appears all responses have now arrived: 59 "I want in" messages along with
a hundred or so "questions."  The "form letter" with all the "buy" facts will
be sent out within 24 hours as soon as I cost out the shipping expenses; that
letter will include answers to all questions that were asked.

I confirmed with Anthem Electronics today (Monday) the immediate availability
of the chips in the package needed for the UNIXPC; Anthem is the N. California
distributor for Western Digital and is situated in the heart of Silicon Valley.

To prevent the hassle of coping with bounced email using the menu-only interface
that PORTAL provides, an additional copy will be sent to our favorite newsgroup;
stay tuned.

NEWS FLASH: I've also JUST received (1:44AM, Tuesday, a few minutes ago) an
email that suggests another vendor may have the chips at substantially better
pricing.  Will be investigating this later today.

Thad Floryan [ thad at cup.portal.com (OR) ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad ]