I really killed lpsched *this* time. :-(

J. Eric Townsend erict at flatline.UUCP
Sat Jul 8 16:17:14 AEST 1989

I did it this time.  In an effort to change from /dev/rawlp back to
/dev/lp, I did the following:

$ su root
# su lp
$ lpshut
$ lpadmin -pEpson -v/dev/lp
$ accept Epson Parallel
$ enable Other
$ lpsched
$ ^D^D

Here's what lpstat -t gets me:

scheduler is running
system default destination: Other
members of class Parallel:
	Other
device for Other: /dev/rawlp
Other accepting requests since Jun 28 13:54
Parallel accepting requests since Jun 28 13:54
printer Other is idle.  enabled since Jun 28 13:54

However, nothing comes out the printer if I "lp file".  I can
"cat file > /dev/lp" and it works just fine.

Any tips?  (I wish that AT&T could write a decent manual entry for
lp... :-(

--
"Dope beats and lyrics -- no beepers needed."
J. Eric Townsend -- uunet!sugar!flatline!erict  || cosc5zz at george.uh.edu
511 Parker #2, Houston, Tx 77007
EastEnders Mailing list: eastender at flatline.UUCP