I really killed lpsched *this* time. :-(

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.islp.ny.us
Tue Jul 11 09:53:46 AEST 1989

In article <814 at flatline.UUCP> erict at flatline.UUCP (J. Eric Townsend) writes:

|>I did it this time.  In an effort to change from /dev/rawlp back to
|>/dev/lp, I did the following:

... [ setting up the spooler again left out ] ...
|>However, nothing comes out the printer if I "lp file".  I can
|>"cat file > /dev/lp" and it works just fine.
|>
|>Any tips?  (I wish that AT&T could write a decent manual entry for
|>lp... :-(

Have you tried this?   cat file | lp ....

If this works, most likely the file you are trying to print with "lp file"
isn't readable by world.   Trying making the file readable... or use the
"-x" option to lp.

	-x  Display error message if print job is not successful.
	    Display id if print job is successful.  Note that lp(1)
	    is silent by default.

$ lp -x file
lp: request not accepted

Most likely not readable by world ...

-Lenny
--
Lenny Tropiano             ICUS Software Systems         [w] +1 (516) 589-7930
lenny at icus.islp.ny.us      Telex; 154232428 ICUS         [h] +1 (516) 968-8576