Too much cross-posting?

Andy Heffernan nichiren at glyph.UUCP
Tue Jul 18 11:40:07 AEST 1989

In article <2796 at ditka.UUCP> kls at ditka.UUCP (Karl Swartz) writes:
>In article <20239 at cup.portal.com> thad at cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
>>And for those who don't know, there are four:
>>unix-pc.general, unix-pc.sources, unix-pc.uucp, and unix-pc.bugs.
>
>You missed two.  From ditka's active file:
>
>    unix-pc.bugs 00118 00115 y
>    unix-pc.general 03700 03629 y
>**  unix-pc.misc 00002 00002 y
>    unix-pc.sources 00374 00368 y
>**  unix-pc.test 00060 00058 y
>    unix-pc.uucp 00140 00139 y
>
>Obviously not much traffic in unix-pc.misc; seems more than a bit
>redundant given unix-pc.general.

For what its worth, uunet doesn't carry unix-pc.misc:

$ grep unix-pc /usr/lib/news/newsgroups
unix-pc.bugs		Bug reports, fixes & workarounds.
unix-pc.general 	General information and discussion.
unix-pc.sources 	Source code to various programs.
unix-pc.test 		Test group.
unix-pc.uucp 		Configuration and management of uucp on Unix-PCs.

I snarfed their newsgroups file about a week and a half ago
(and killed the /usr/lib/news/checkgroups script in the process),
so it appears to be a reasonably up-to-date list.