Too much cross-posting?

Karl Swartz kls at ditka.UUCP
Tue Jul 18 16:47:51 AEST 1989

In article <469 at glyph.UUCP> nichiren at glyph.UUCP (Andy Heffernan) writes:
>In article <2796 at ditka.UUCP> kls at ditka.UUCP (Karl Swartz) writes:
>>Obviously not much traffic in unix-pc.misc; seems more than a bit
>>redundant given unix-pc.general.

>For what its worth, uunet doesn't carry unix-pc.misc:

>$ grep unix-pc /usr/lib/news/newsgroups
>unix-pc.bugs		Bug reports, fixes & workarounds.
>unix-pc.general 	General information and discussion.
>unix-pc.sources 	Source code to various programs.
>unix-pc.test 		Test group.
>unix-pc.uucp 		Configuration and management of uucp on Unix-PCs.

Interesting.  My newsgroups file doesn't list unix-pc.misc either,
though it's present in /usr/lib/news/active.  Perhaps it might be
appropriate for somebody to send out a unix-pc checkgroup message
to make sure everybody has the right stuff.  And, if nobody has
any objections, to nuke unix-pc.misc once and for all.  Anybody
want to do the honors?
--
Karl Swartz		|UUCP		uunet!lll-winken!ames!hc!rt1!ditka!kls
1-505/667-7777 (work)	|Internet	kls at rt1.lanl.gov
1-505/672-3113 (home)	|BIX		kswartz
"I never let my schooling get in the way of my education."  (Twain)