Too much cross-posting?

Scott Hazen Mueller scott at zorch.UU.NET
Mon Jul 17 02:43:20 AEST 1989

Let me keep this short, I have to repartition my hard drive today...  :-(
The basis for the type of operation unix-pc.* maintains is that Unix-PC sites
and sympathizers maintain the network.  We don't request the Usenet backbone
to carry it, and don't expect all of the other sites on the mainstream Usenet
to forward it.  Therefore, while we *all* make feeds freely available, we do
not support the position that unix-pc.* should be integrated into the
mainstream.

If you want unix-pc.*, go and get it from somewhere!  *It's* *not* *that*
*hard*.  If you can't afford UUNET, you can get it from Dave Brierly; if you
can't possibly set up another inbound connection, or your site admin won't,
you can look for a public-access site and tell them that they'll get your
business if and only if they set up a connection.  If none of that works,
write unix-pc-request at zorch.uu.net, uunet!zorch!unix-pc-request.  If you
can't or won't do that, I'd consider that adequate proof that you (the
hypothetical you, not Bud Hovell or any specific person) don't really want
unix-pc.* that badly; you just want to piss (upwind :-) and moan about it.
--
Scott Hazen Mueller| scott at zorch.UU.NET (pyramid|tolerant|uunet)!zorch!scott
685 Balfour Drive  | (408) 298-6213    |Send mail to fusion-request at zorch.UU.NET