WD2010 group buy, call for ORDER and $$$

Thad P Floryan thad at cup.portal.com
Sat Jul 29 19:31:30 AEST 1989

WD2010 group buy update (Saturday, 29-July-1989):

1. The WD2010 chips arrived at my office 4:55PM PDT Friday!  The "Packing Party"
   begins Saturday with the mailing expected to be Monday, July 31, 1989.

2. At this point, there is only one (1) chip left unsold, and that goes to the
   next order that arrives; if you haven't already mailed your order, sorry.
   I ordered twenty (20) chips OVER the number for which I had received checks
   by the posted cutoff date (and I agonized over that, really) (and I almost
   forgot to tally the three chips *I* needed ... the reason for the whole
   group buy in the first place; sheesh, would I have looked foolish! :-).

3. One person stated his order was returned by the Post Office.  Such is beyond
   my power to control.  I've been at the SAME address for over 23 years since
   buying the place in 1966, I haven't changed my name, and the street name is
   almost unique in ALL of Santa Clara County ("Silicon Valley") which includes
   the cities of Palo Alto, Stanford, Los Altos, Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Santa
   Clara, Cupertino, Saratoga, Monte Sereno, Campbell, San Jose, Los Gatos,
   Monta Vista, Moffett Field, Alviso, Milpitas, and Gilroy.  So if your order
   was also returned, I suggest raising hell with your local Post Office and/or
   Postal Inspector.  Even the orders from Europe finally arrived Friday.

4. Subsequent orders arriving from this point on will be returned.  But see
   item (5) below if you're still interested in WD2010 chips!

5. In discussion with the President of the South Bay (Silicon Valley) Chapter
   of the AT&T Computer Users' Group (Joe Lipsig (who is employed by AT&T)), he
   indicated there's a good chance the Users' Group itself may want to buy some
   20-30 chips as an extension (or something) to the "group buy" that I had
   privately arranged.  The purpose of this is to satisfy the requirements of
   those who were unable for whatever reason to participate in the original
   (present) group buy.  If there's ANY interest, send email expressing your
   intentions and we'll attempt to work out some kind of deal and "try" to
   maintain the original pricing.  As much as I enjoyed "doing" this group buy,
   I simply didn't expect it would consume as much of my time as it has already
   taken; it has been (and is) an interesting experience, and I've gained a new
   respect for people whose professional work concerns purchasing, shipping and
   receiving.  Any future deals will be processed directly by the Users' Group.

Thad

Thad Floryan [thad at cup.portal.com (OR) ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad]