WD2010 group buy, call for ORDER and $$$

Thad P Floryan thad at cup.portal.com
Wed Jul 26 21:47:49 AEST 1989

UNIXPC WD2010 "group buy" update (Wednesday, July 26, 1989):

1. Present (and last?) batch of s4diag disks are going out in today's mail; ran
   out of Dennison mailers, found an equivalent with Gould Packaging.

2. chips should be "here" Friday, 28-July-1989.  With the assistance of several
   members of the UNIXPC SIG, all packing should be completed on Saturday and
   the chips "should" be mailed on Monday (31-July-1989).  Some shipments to
   Canada and Europe will be delayed pending completion of the FTA (Free Trade
   Agreement) and/or Customs Declarations; am awaiting advice from several
   Customs Brokers.

3. Orders for 150 chips were confirmed; extra chips are ordered to fulfil the
   pending arrival of additional orders to which I was alerted by email or by
   telephone call.

4. There will be "some" additional chips available on a first-come, first-served
   basis.  Same pricing, etc.  See the "Final Call ..." posting for details of
   how to order.  Once these are gone, that's it; any orders arriving after
   that point will be returned.  It appears that approx. 15-20 extra chips will
   be available; will have a tally by this weekend.  If the "Final Call ..."
   posting has expired in news at your site and you are still contemplating a
   WD2010 chip(s) for your UNIXPC, send email and I'll reply with a copy of the
   original posting; I really don't want to convert any unsold chips into
   decorative jewelry (or sumtin' :-).

5. Many thanks to those who included addressed mailing labels!

6. Don't be surprised to find a flyer(s) describing the AT&T Users' Group
   enclosed with your order; I'm not refusing any help, and if said help wishes
   to stuff the mailers with additional material, that's OK by me!  :-)

7. Informal statistics:

   Hand-delivered checks/orders arrived in 0 days  (there were four!)
   US Express Mail orders arrived in 1 day from postmark.
   US Priority Mail orders arrived in 2 days from postmark.
   Most First Class mail orders arrived in 2 days from postmark.
   The remaining First Class mail arrived in 3 days from postmark.
   Mailed orders from Europe haven't arrived yet.

Thad Floryan [ thad at cup.portal.com (OR) ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad ]