DOS-73 and backups

Bob Ames bob at rush.cts.com
Wed Jul 5 18:58:25 AEST 1989

I'm finally about to receive a DOS-73 card {I've wanted one real bad ever
since Jim Edwards, then President of AT&T Information Systems [Whom I had
spoken to while begging to be allowed to be considered an ISV so I could
qualify for the 35% discount - even though I didn't have an actual business
name - If you want sonething done, call the President. (then at 201-898-6680)
Only the President was allowed to change the unbending rules of the ancient
corporation] said that this machine "Doesn't run DOS, cannot run DOS, and
will never run DOS"}  Only a few months after this statement DOS-73 was
introduced.  As I recall, the original BYTE 4-85 article mentioned the
concept of a DOS board for this machine.

Is there a viable (read cheap) backup method using the DOS-73s serial port
to talk to some cheap (read DOS) backup drive?

Bob

Bob Ames   The National Organization for  the Reform of Marijuana Laws, NORML
"Pot is the world's best source of complete protein, alcohol fuel, and paper,
is the best fire de-erosion seed, and is america's largest cash crop." - USDA
bob at rush.cts.com or ncr-sd!rush!bob at nosc.mil  or rutgers!ucsd!ncr-sd!rush!bob
619-741-UN2X "We each pay a fabulous price for our visions of paradise," Rush