Too much cross-posting?

John Higdon john at zygot.UUCP
Mon Jul 10 18:16:06 AEST 1989

In article <688 at whizz.uucp>, bbh at whizz.uucp (Bud Hovell) writes:
> Look. Either you define the validity of moving this group to the main newsfeed
> based on:

What defines "main newsfeed"? After routinely reading about UNIX-PCs in
comp.sys.att, this meta-discussion of crossposting appeared. I hadn't
paid any attention the unix-pc in the newsgroups line until then.
Discovering that the unix-pc.* groups didn't appear in my active file,
I found out from scott at zorch what their names were and duly inserted
them. Voila! A short time later, unix-pc articles appear from my main
newsfeed.

This very article came in on the following path:

zygot!dlb!amdahl!apple!ames!lll-winken!pacbell!safari!whizz!bbh

Looks pretty mainstream to me. Lot of VAXEN up there; not many 3b1s.
So now, what's all this about the groups being hard-to-get?
      john at zygot.uucp       | San Jose, CA 95150 |       M o o !