HP DeskJet on 7300 parallel port

Steven R. Houser srh at docwrk.UUCP
Tue May 9 04:00:53 AEST 1989

I'm having trouble getting a Hewlett-Packard DeskJet to work from my 7300's
parallel port.  It works fine from the tty000 serial port, using the
HPLaserjet driver (the DeskJet emulates the LaserJet).  But when I try to
print through the parallel port (again with the LaserJet driver), I get
a "!!" message saying the printer isn't connected.

I know the printer is connected properly, because when I test the parallel
port from the UNIX 3.51 diagnostics floppy, a test page prints out on the
DeskJet with no problem.

Has anyone run into this kind of problem with the parallel port?  Any
DeskJet or LaserJet users out there?  I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Steve Houser
The Document Workshop
uunet!osu-cis!n8emr!uncle!oink!docwrk!srh