clist problems (was Re: The scoop on 3.51c)

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.islp.ny.us
Wed May 3 12:49:38 AEST 1989

In article <444 at tarkus.chi.il.us> jcs at tarkus.chi.il.us (John C. Sucilla) writes:
|>In article <687 at icus.islp.ny.us> lenny at icus.islp.ny.us (Lenny Tropiano) writes:
|>>You can check your clists by doing:
|>>
|>># adb /unix /dev/kmem
|>>cfreelist+6/d
|>
|>Ok, adb tells me I have 138

A lot of people responsed to my question ... I should have been more specfic
in saying that "it is normal for clists to go down, and then up, and then
down..."  This happens on any character oriented device that does buffering
of some sort (at the kernel level).  What is not normal is for clists to go
down... down... and down...

Here's mine:

Started at Sun Apr 30 18:29:24 1989
Sun Apr 30 18:29:24 1989 cblocks = 139
Sun Apr 30 18:44:24 1989 cblocks = 137
Sun Apr 30 18:59:24 1989 cblocks = 136
Mon May  1 01:59:39 1989 cblocks = 114
Mon May  1 02:14:39 1989 cblocks = 113
Mon May  1 02:29:39 1989 cblocks = 112
Mon May  1 02:44:39 1989 cblocks = 111
Tue May  2 01:44:39 1989 cblocks = 88
Tue May  2 01:59:39 1989 cblocks = 86
Tue May  2 02:14:39 1989 cblocks = 81
Tue May  2 02:29:39 1989 cblocks = 86
Tue May  2 22:14:40 1989 cblocks = 60
Tue May  2 22:29:41 1989 cblocks = 60
Tue May  2 22:44:41 1989 cblocks = 61

If (and only if) you notice this syndome, please respond... I'll need to
know the particulars ... OS version, ports used, uucp version, modem, kind
of load on ports, etc...

So far it doesn't look like this affects 3.5 ... But time will tell...

								-Lenny
--
Lenny Tropiano             ICUS Software Systems         [w] +1 (516) 582-5525
lenny at icus.islp.ny.us      Telex; 154232428 ICUS         [h] +1 (516) 968-8576