3.5" floppy disk revisited on the UNIX pc ...

Peter Fales psfales at cbnewsc.ATT.COM
Tue May 2 07:29:20 AEST 1989

In article <695 at icus.islp.ny.us>, lenny at icus.islp.ny.us (Lenny Tropiano) writes:
> I was able to put a floppy boot unix, floppy filesystem (all the necessary
> patching utilities [fsck, fsdb, etc..]) and the diagnostic program all
> on a 3.5" disk with a verbose loader.  Ahh, no more switching disks to
> boot a Floppy Unix!
>
> If you want more details on the hardware aspects, I suggest you contact
> my hardware expert... Gil Kloepfer, Jr. (gil at limbic)

Would you be willing to provide some more details on how to create a
bootable floppy file system - either on two disks or on one.  A couple of
us here (hi Craig) have also put 720K drives on our systems, though I used
a 5.25" rather than a 3.5.

--
Peter Fales			AT&T, Room 5B-414
				2000 N. Naperville Rd.