3b1 2nd drive upgrade

4237] uusgta at sw1e.UUCP
Tue May 23 05:05:39 AEST 1989

Questions, questions, questions.  I been listening for a loong time
& got all my whiny questions saved up to spark a flamefest.
Here goes:

Has someone put together a comprehensive guide to the various 2nd hard disk
upgrade alternatives?

Is your 2nd drive board almost ready John? If so, what price did you set?
Is there any hope of ever using the third and forth drives with John's board?

Is waiting for a SCSI board reasonable, as in, will it ever happen?
Are any companies still interested in producing a SCSI board?

Is Gil & Lenny's upgrade working well for those using it?

Anyone find a source of 99 pin connectors such as expansion cards use?

How hard would a "protoboard" and sample driver be to make?

Is there a "monster combo board" mailing list I could quietly join?

Is there a source for the tape controller boards & does the stock 3b2
tape drive really work?

Does anyone have a genric PC cartridge drive working using the 2nd
floppy approach?

A Usenix faceserver to 3b1 bitmap program?

Does anyone have a hardware manual they'd dispose of?

#			---Tom Adams---
# uunet!swbatl!sw1e!uusgta	 or		 uusgta at sw1e.swbt.com
# opinions... Opinions? I can have opinions here? What are they?