Hotkey program for ATT 7300/3B1 posted to unix-pc.sources

David H. Brierley dave at galaxia.Newport.RI.US
Mon May 22 12:47:11 AEST 1989

I have just posted a program called "hotkey" to the unix-pc.sources
group.  If you would like a copy of this program but you do not get the
unix-pc.sources group send me email and I will get you a copy.  The
following is an excerpt from the README file which explains a little bit
about the program and what it does.

This program provides a function similar to the IBM-PC TSR programs which
use a "hot key" to activate the program.  When the program is activated it
is given a list of commands that are to be bound to the 8 shifted function
keys.  When a shifted function key is pressed a new window is created and
the requested program is run from within the new window.  Note that this
program allocates a window for its own use which means that there is one
less window available to the user.  Since there are a total of 12 windows
available on the system and there are only 8 function keys, this should not
present any problems to the average user.
--
David H. Brierley
Home: dave at galaxia.Newport.RI.US   {rayssd,xanth,lazlo,mirror}!galaxia!dave