HPDeskJet on 7300 parallel port, con't....

David C. Albrecht dca at toylnd.UUCP
Wed May 17 09:22:33 AEST 1989

In article <34 at docwrk.UUCP>, srh at docwrk.UUCP (Steven R. Houser) writes:
> This is a continuation of my posting about the HP DeskJet that won't run
> off my 7300 parallel port with a standard Centronics parallel cable....

I just had a thought about this, the unix pc has a real sensitive Centronics
port and, of course, it doesn't use the standard clip connection to boot.
I have found that in some cases the connector really does have to be screwed
in to work.  Is your connector screwed in?  If not, try doing
a printer reset with the parallel connector held snugly onto the connector
by hand.

David Albrecht