Two Weird Problems

Jim Gottlieb jimmy at denwa.uucp
Tue May 23 17:47:24 AEST 1989

Two problems that are driving me crazy:

Incoming mail on some of our non-HDB sites is showing up without a
timezone in the From_ and Received: lines, causing the mail user agent
to ignore it.  It looks like

 From sharon 22 May 89 02:23:51
     (Mon) remote from kona

with a <CR> and a few spaces where the time zone should be.
It only happens 2% of the time, making tracking this down all the more
difficult.  I guess the solution is to upgrade to HDB, but I would
still like to hear from anyone who knows what this is.

Second problem:  In the last month or so I have started having problems
using vi over dial-up.  I use cu to dial into a few different systems,
and when I move the cursor to the right, several characters on my
screen get erased and I have to ^L to redraw the screen.  Again, this
problem just started happening recently.  The termcap entries on the
BSD systems I dial into have not been changed.  Again, I'm baffled.

Thanks...
--
                              Jim Gottlieb
  E-Mail: <jimmy at denwa.uucp> or <jimmy at pic.ucla.edu> or <attmail!denwa!jimmy>